Spain | Madrid | 13 - 16 May 2018
Periprosthetic Fractures—Masters Course with Anatomical Specimen
Goal of the course
This AOTrauma/AORecon Masters Course address current concepts and state-of-the-art treatment options in orthopedic trauma. It covers one or more topics and has been planned based on the common and critical patient problems related to this specific topic.
The course is aimed at surgeons who have been practicing orthopedic trauma for many years and who are willing to share their experiences on the specific topic of the course.
Participants should have completed the AOTrauma Courses—Basic Principles and Advanced Principles of Fracture Management and must be able to communicate well in English.
The course is delivered using a combination of small group discussions, cases, exercises with anatomical specimens or other simulation materials (when appropriate), and summary lectures. All activities are moderated by expert faculty in a highly interactive learning environment. Participants are encouraged to discuss the cases and content in an open manner and to share their own experiences.
- Recognize the challenge of periprosthetic fracture management
- Explain the indications for internal fixation and revision arthroplasty (including intraoperative fractures)
- Apply techniques of internal fixation and revision arthroplasty
- Manage the patient with a periprosthetic fracture from a medical and orthogeriatric point of view
- Prevent and treat complications
- Follow up the patient and optimize patient satisfaction
- Analyze treatment failures and recognize possible pitfalls in treatment
|Course Fee||2600 CHF
including course bag, course material, lunch, coffee breaks and course dinner
|Cancellation Policy||50% until 30 days before the event. No refund thereafter|
Date13 - 16 May 2018
LocationDuques de Pastrana Paseo de la Habana, 208 8016 Madrid, Spain