Global | 27 August 2020
AO Recon Webinar—Osteotomy around the Knee
AO Recon offers an interactive live educational session to present, discuss, and give instant advice on the arthroplasty topic specified below. The session is free of charge and accessible from all over the world. Enhance your knowledge and take this excellent opportunity to gain access to renowned key opinion leaders who share their expertise and answer your questions in real-time.
This webinar is a virtual live lecture on osteotomy around the knee with Q&A.
Thursday, August 27, 2020, 14:00-15:00 CEST (UTC+2)
Please check your local time here
Matthieu Ollivier, France
Kristian Kley, Germany
Ronald van Heerwaarden, Netherlands
“If you fail to plan, you plan to fail” (Benjamin Franklin)
- All about osteotomy planning: learn how to measure lower limb deformity, plan adequate 3-D correction, and anticipate adverse outcomes.
- High tibial, distal femur, double level, and intraarticular osteotomy planning will be covered through expert discussion.
- Describe how to measure lower limb deformity using 2-D and 3-D images
- Distinguish “normal” and “abnormal” femoral and tibial morphologic values in frontal, sagittal, and axial planes
- Plan the correction to be performed in high tibial, distal femur, double level, or intra-articular osteotomies
- Identify surgical landmarks allowing intraoperative imaging control
Registered participants will receive the webinar link by email 3 days prior to the event.
We recommend you to perform a function test and check the system requirements to ensure your computer is ready for the webinar.
The webinar is free of charge.
Events in your region
Each AO Recon course includes hands-on simulation experience for participants. Various types of practical exercises enrich the course events and increase the learning effect.
An AO curriculum follows a systematic, patient-centered approach: Desired patient outcomes define necessary competencies, and these in turn define specific learning objectives.
Learn more about the the AO's curriculum development.
With the support of the AO Education Institute, AO Recon has developed such curricula from which three courses have been derived. Another curriculum on shoulder specific issues is on its way.
Learn more about AO Recon's curriculum-based courses.