Greece | Athens | 03 - 04 March 2017
Principles of Total Hip and Knee Arthroplasty
The two-day course is based on a patient-centered approach and targets orthopedic surgeons. This educational offering has been developed by the AO Education Institute and marks the initial step along the path of lifelong learning in the area of primary and revision arthroplasty.
This event is targeted at advanced surgical trainees and certified orthopedic surgeons on the threshold of becoming independent surgeons and taking over decision-making responsibility.
The course is modular in structure and highly interactive. Short, evidence-based lectures will cover the key information required. In practical exercises participants will be trained in the planning of different techniques and approaches. Moderated case discussions in small groups will deepen each topic and help participants to acquire decision making and management skills. Participants will have the opportunity to share their experience with peers and high-profile international faculty throughout the whole course.
All factors related to achieving the best possible outcome in primary and revision arthroplasty will be covered in the course and participants will learn about using self-assessment for continuing performance improvement.
At the end of this event, participants will be able to:
- Describe a systematic assessment including clinical evaluation
- Identify patient's reconstructive surgery needs
- Adopt a patient-centered approach
- Anticipate, recognize, and stratify potential complications
- Describe and discuss safe and effective procedures
- Recognize, stratify, and describe the management of early and late problems or complications
- Communicate and facilitate a multidisciplinary team-based approach
- Apply best practice to optimize and document patient outcomes
- Preoperative management of total hip and knee arthroplasty
- Performing primary total hip arthroplasty
- Performing primary total knee arthroplasty
- Revision arthroplasty of the hip
- Revision arthroplasty of the knee
- Governance and outcomes
More information will follow soon
Date03 - 04 March 2017
LocationDIVANI ACROPOLIS HOTEL Parthenonos 19, Athina 117 42, Greece
A group of experts within the field of arthroplasty have gathered to form the AORecon EDUCATION DELEGATION. They develop a curriculum and plan all educational events listed on this page.