17 July 2017
Webinar—Tips and tricks to improve TKA outcomes
The live recording of AORecon's first webinar "Tips and Tricks to Improve Total Knee Arthroplasty Outcomes" took place on July 12, 2017.
For the very first time, AORecon held a webinar to meet the high demand for interactive, universally accessible education. The live webinar was transmitted on July 12, 2017. Participants watched the presentation on tips and tricks in TKA, and asked questions in real-time via an online chat.
Presenter: Professor Carsten Perka, Germany
Chat Moderator: Professor Jean-Noël Argenson, France
- Explain the importance of well-aligned, stable TKAs
- Describe the essentials of limb alignment, and differentiate between classical and anatomic alignment
- Describe the essentials of stability throughout motion, and differentiate between gap balancing and measured resection
- Recognize and address common pitfalls
- Apply techniques to ensure correct alignment including rotation